What a game for Greece! How were they able to pull it off?
In this game, I think Greece was able to solve the pressure defense of the US. Take note that because of this defense, the US jumped into an early lead. It was then that the Greeks made some fine adjsutments. They saw that their main advantage here would be their height. So what they did based on my observation was to spread the floor on offense. Since the Greeks have good dribblling and passing skills, they were able to take the ball where they want to. Plus they also have a good shooting touch so they just shot over the smaller Americans. This made the game slower and very difficult for the Americans to cover since they were smaller and the driving and inside dish spaces became looser.
I still think though that it was commendable of the US to finally try to win by team play it was just that the Greeks was able to solve their pressure defense. They came to Japan to win not by talent alone but by working together but it wasn't meant to be.
Posted at: Pinoyexchange
Friday, September 01, 2006
- ► 2007 (53)
- UAAP Basketball: UST Forces Game 2
- UAAP Finals Cancelled
- The PBA is Back
- Pistol Pete -Dribbling the Flip Flap Jack
- CCF Alabang - Basketball!
- Game 1: The Last Second Shot
- Congratulations San Beda!
- UAAP Finals: ATENEO vs. UST
- UAAP Seniors Basketball Champions
- Larry Fonacier's Story
- How To Make It Big in the NBA If You're Small?
- The Man with the Whistle
- Ending 28 at 82
- Take A Time Out
- Database of Champions
- NCAA - Philippines Senior's Basketball Champions
- The 2000 NBA Slam Dunk Contest
- San Beda's Sam Ekwe
- The Impossible
- Steve Nash - Football Tricks
- Adam Morrison - Inspiring Story
- Congratulations Spain!!!!!!!
- The Coach’s Playbook
- Pistol Pete - Shooting Skills
- FIBA Shocker! Greece Beats US 101-95
- ▼ September (25)